Position: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reports to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the candidate will assist in the administration of various programs, events and special projects for the Saskatchewan Organization for Heritage Languages Inc. (SOHL).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain SOHL’s financials through QuickBooks, monthly bank deposits, and records of all invoices;
- Send and receive all correspondence for forms and applications, including but not limited to: membership, programs, and grants (maintaining all records);
- Organize a number of SOHL programs, special projects, and events, both permanent and temporary;
- Administer SOHL’s Mini-Language Lessons Program province-wide on an annual basis;
- Regularly manage and maintain the SOHL website, and various social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Maintain SOHL’s annual membership database and regularly liaison with members;
- Assist with media relations and news releases;
- Write, design and edit SOHL’s Annual Report, press releases, newsletters, posters, brochures, etc.;
- Engage the public to build awareness of SOHL through outreach initiatives and at various events;
- Research, prepare and submit grant applications, as required;
- Supervise and coordinate projects for SOHL’s summer student placements and other staff;
- Provide various administrative duties (mail, telephone, filing, photocopying, etc.);
- Work with various committees as needed (both internal and external), and represent SOHL at events or meetings as required by the Executive Director;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education: Post-secondary education.
Hours: Full-time at 37.5 hours/week.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour depending on education and related experience.
Start Date: Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Application Deadline: Thursday, July 20th, 2017 - please direct all applications to our Executive Director Gord Zakreski at sohl